[Ti] disappearing cursor/frozen Al-book

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Wed Apr 28 05:16:12 PDT 2004

At 14:04 +0300 27/4/04, Dr. Trevor J. Hutley wrote:
>Three times today this has happened: the cursor has disappeared, and
>the keyboard is totally unresponsive (Char Lock works).
>ALT-APPLE-ESC does nothing,   The Powerbook is completely locked.
>I have to do a restart (CTL APL PWR).
>
>I have never seen this before with OS X/Panther.
>
>It seems totally uncharacteristic.

I have set my iDisk to sync with my Powerbook.  This is the first
time that I have done this.

This is the only change that I have made, that matches with the onset
of this Powerbook/OS instability.

What leads to me to suspect this operation, is that "MirrorAgent.app"
keeps unexpectedly quitting and wanting to send a report to Apple....

I presume that MirrorAgent is the application that synchrinizes the
iBook and my Powerbook.  There is apparently something that is
causing it to quit today.  Maybe yesterday it was causing the
Powerbook to lock up.  Today everything seems OK so far....

I did notice that just before the machine locks up, the cursor
behaves strangely.  It is as though I am fighting with it, using the
trackpad.  It is resistant to my movements.  Then the machines locks
up.

Does this iDisk/syn operation cause anyone else to have an unstable system?

Trevor

PS: almost everyday I run the latest version (new one ysterday) of Cocktail