[Ti] External CD burners

Wilhelm Wanders kaskudoo at freenet.de
Wed Apr 28 20:34:44 PDT 2004

Seymor, I got the same TiBook as you ... back in the days I purchased
an external cd burner from QPS (http://www.qps-inc.com) - those guys
are a little pricy, but it comes with leather case and so on, they have
nice stuff ...... BUT:
there are a lot of external solutions out there - you want to look for
the connection, i don't think your powerbook already has usb 2.0, but
it has one firewire connection - so the external drive should connect
through firewire (usb will only burn 1x speed, max. 2x - firewire will
burn much faster)
and I would definetely make sure that the drive is supported under mac
os X, or whatever version of macintosh os you have running (i have
panther installed and it runs like a harm, even on the old powerbook)
you will find a listing of native supported cd bruners on the apple
homepage - also take a look at some macintosh computermagazin
homepages, they usually test these devices on a regular basis .....and,
if you like one external burner you can always go to the manufacturers
homepage to make sure if it supported under mac os x .....
one other recommondation are LACIE drives ... I heard good stuff about
them and they produce external burner for macintosh since quite a while
good luck

^_^