[Ti] Start-Up problems with TiBook -

Kim Gammelgaard kgani at mac.com
Thu Apr 29 17:04:14 PDT 2004

I am having the same kinds of trouble with both my iMac(17") and my
AlBook(15") for some time(My iMac locked up twice within the past 24 hours
and my PB once, but failed to boot at all for a while. Only the 5th restart
made it work...).

The problem is also that there are no logs being written when the lock-ups
appear, so there is no clue how to figure out what goes wrong. There is a
lengthy thread at arstechnica at the moment:

<http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=50009562&f=8300945231&m=1
90005950121>

I am afraid that the problem is so low-level, that it won't be addressed
before 10.4. I'd wish it would though.

I still love my Macs, though ;-)

Kim