[Ti] Airport Interference Robustness

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Thu Apr 29 23:06:08 PDT 2004

Based on reading everything I could find at Apple that seemed
related, plus learning about 802.11 in some detail, I believe
this is Apple's implementation of the 802.11 fallback to smaller
wireless transmission frames.  The idea is, the smaller the chunk
of info being sent through a medium of questionable quality, the
higher the liklihood of the frame being received without error.
The tradeoff is slower effective speed, since each frame, no
matter what size, has the same overhead.