[Ti] TiBook display takeapart

JPE listmail at acedsl.com
Fri Apr 30 11:17:43 PDT 2004

I did something similar with an old Ti 400. Made a picture frame type
thing of it. Had broken hinges so I flipped the screen around the same
way as you did, made a wood frame and it mounts on a wall. Airport
accessable and the whole nine via Remote Desktop.

I repaired a couple of broken hinge Ti's for friends using replacement
hinges gotten off ebay. (avg. 75 a set).
I used a 2 part epoxy for the replacement hinges and contact cement for
the bezel.
If your taking a bezel off, don't worry if it warps out of shape, you
can manipulate it back very easily to be flat. However, when removing,
be very careful around the screw hole cut outs, if the metal creases or
rips, it doesn't look nice.
Other than that it is not as hard as it seems and screens are on the
cheap now, (while they last) on ebay

---
"We all will die, as we all don't live."
- J.P. Edmund