[Ti] Hard Drive Beeps

Sambouka sambouka at mac.com
Mon Dec 13 04:56:20 PST 2004

My Aluminum 1.0 Ghz has been giving internal scratching and beeping
sounds. It sounds like a mechanical arm going back and forth. I am not
quite sure if the sound is coming from the hard drive or the DVD drive
(no cd or dvd is present at the time of the sound).

I have ran ProTools as well as DiskWarrior with no problems detected.
Although the sound is infrequent, yet it was observed that it comes
when there is heavy usage of memory. Might it be bad RAM?

Any recommendations or ideas on why this is occurring and how to solve
it would be appreciated

Cheers,

Sam