[Ti] Alternatives Location for the Home Folder

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Wed Dec 15 17:37:20 PST 2004

--On Wednesday, December 15, 2004 07:06:14 AM CST -0500 David DelMonte
<ddelmonte at mac.com> wrote:

> and it's too slow. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to
> have one's home Folder on an external drive? Thanks!

There are a variety of ways to move your home directory and I've seen pros
and cons for them. I think some just move the home directory and create an
alias to it. I have my home directory on a separate partition on the internal
drive and use Netinfo to set its location. It should work fine for an
external drive also. But you must have the disk mounted when you log in or
the OS may create a new home folder for you on the internal drive; not sure
on that one. Others have gone the symbolic link route. They all should work
to one degree or another. I can only affirm the success of the Netinfo reset.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com