[Ti] TV on a Ti

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Thu Dec 16 15:07:30 PST 2004

At 15:54 -0600 16/12/04, Jerry Buc wrote:
>Is there a device for a TiBook/400 which will allow cable TV viewing
>on the Book?

Jerry - about 1 year ago, I bought the USB eyeTV from Elgato.com.  It
is really great for my needs.

I use it with my Al-book.  I have the local cable (RF connection) and
my satellite decoder (RCA connectors) connected permanently to the
eyeTV.  One key-stroke enables you to switch between the two.  I also
use eyeTV to convert video tapes to digital files, and for storing
content from my JVC DV camcorder.  It is a great device.  You can
also use it to record (like TiVo) programs at times (night-time for
me) for later viewing.  It also integrates with program schedule
spublished on the internet (at least in the USA< as I understand it).
There is editing software included that does a great job (eg tidying
up the ends of recorded stuff) and also saving it in VCD, QT or DVD
format.

hth

Trevor