[Ti] Is there a battery on the TiBook motherboard?

John R McDaniel johnmcd at one.net
Thu Dec 16 17:23:49 PST 2004

I have a trusty old 1st generation Ti/500.

Lately, if I shut down it will not boot up until I use the reset button
on the back.

It tries to boot; the hard drive spins up & I hear the familiar chime,
but nothing else happens --no screen --nothing.

Is there a motherboard battery like the desktop units have? Does it
need replacing after this amount of time?

A little while back I had a problem with an intermittent short in my
power supply that seemed to scramble the PMU. After a great deal of
work (and symptoms like the above) I got the TiBook to come back to
life. Now I seem to be backtracking to earlier problems.

Ideas?

j mcd
---
John McDaniel      johnmcd at one.net