[Ti] Netinfo? Was: Alternatives Location for the Home Folder

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Thu Dec 16 15:37:15 PST 2004

On Dec 16, 2004, at 2:59 PM, Lisbeth Zachs wrote:

> Sounds like an excellent suggestion. Thanks Chris :-) But before I
> actually do that can you confirm that it is a whole folder I should
> delete.

Yes, delete the entire folder.  One of the cache files inside is
corrupted usually.  If you want to be on the safe side, highlight the
folder first, then under "Actions" create an archive (zip file) of it
before you delete it.  As soon as you start the Help Viewer, the folder
will be automatically re-created, along with any associated cache files
inside it.  In 95% of instances where the Help Viewer crashes, this
fixes it.

If it doesn't fix it, then go to ~/Library/Preferences and delete the
following files also:
com.apple.help.plist
com.apple.helpui.plist
com.apple.helpviewer.plist

These are the preference files for the Help Viewer, which will also be
automatically recreated when you restart the Help Viewer.
--
Chris