[Ti] Capture DV to external drive

M Burke mburke6225 at aol.com
Sun Feb 1 09:33:46 PST 2004

Richie,

Check here for an overview of DV to hard disk.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/2002/06/12/fischer-dv.htm

I do a lot of broadcast editing on a G4 tower.  I know the hard drive
spin as to be minimum 7200 RPM in order to handle broadcast quality NTSC
video and 10000 for high definition.  High definition is the highest
quality and puts the greatest demand on speed and space.  NTSC is higher
quality than standard definition so you may want to check the following
which is a dedicated site to firewire:

http://www.firewire-1394.com/ads-technologies.htm

MBurke