[Ti] Priceless -shame on Apple

Justin R. Miller incanus at codesorcery.net
Wed Feb 4 09:58:40 PST 2004

On Feb 4, 2004, at 7:06 AM, Daniel Rubinstein wrote:

> In 1984 Jobs convinced John Sculley form Pepsi Cola to become the
> president of Apple with the famous words: "If you stay at Pepsi, five
> years from now all you'll have accomplished is selling  a lot more
> sugar water to kids. If you come to Apple you can change the world."
>
> How sad and pathetic is that Apple joins forces with Pepsi in a
> coordinated advertising campaign that uses the love of music to sell
> lots more sugar water - from the front page of its website.
>
> May you rot as the teeth of your customers, Apple.

Personally, I am no more likely to buy soda just because I could win a
'Tune.  I just don't like the stuff.  I see it as less of a way to sell
soda and more of 1) a way to make Pepsi look cool(er) and 2) a way to
get people downloading, installing, and using iTunes.  You get
something for free, but you have to get familiar with some software to
redeem it.

--
Justin R. Miller
incanus at codesorcery.net