[Ti] Choice apple dealers in London?

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Thu Feb 5 03:03:21 PST 2004

On 5 Feb 2004, at 10:09, Robert Nicholson wrote:

> Are most purchases made online in the UK or in reputable shops?
>
> Are there any reputable Apple dealers in the Tottenham Court Road area?
>
> I'm on the Central line.
>
> Looking to test the new bluetooth wireless keyboard and compare it
> with the older
> tethered variety.

I highly recommend Micro Anvika (they now have 3 shops all on Tottenham
Court Road -- biggest is nearest Tottenham court rd end). I'm not going
to rave about them, but walk in (take your powerbook) and tell them
that you are interested in the wireless keyboard and as long as you
don't do this on a saturday afternoon (and even then it might work) at
their busiest time it should be good.

I got them to test 3 sets of speakers (including the JBL creatures)
last year before I decided against buying any of them.

I bought my Ti from them and even had to have it replaced once from
them, no sweat.

Try to talk to a guy who is a "Mac" guy. They aren't all technical, and
these days  they mostly sell PC gear (they used to be exclusively Apple
and Atari for the music/graphics business in the 90's) but they
normally do their best to satisfy.

Oh yeah -- I also bought an iPod from them by phoning to reserve one
(the new 15 Gb iPods were in short supply at the time)

--
Tarik Bilgin