[Ti] Priceless -shame on Apple

David david.powerbook at firemail.de
Thu Feb 5 04:01:47 PST 2004

On 2/5/04 2:49 AM, "wsjenkins" <wsjenkins at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I don't get it? Why are so many people and websites so po'd at Apple for
> this promotion? The UK website, The Register, blasted the promotion too.

I think it might be because so many people lack a sense of humor - or a
brain. Of course the latter is a requirement for the former so I might be
redundant in mentioning a brain.

> Personally, I think it's a great promotion. Am I in the minority?

Like nearly every commercial during the game, I really can't say I know what
was being sold. What does a talking monkey who hits on women have to do with
beer? What do bears who abuse hunters and wear their clothing have to do
with buying sugar water? Sure, many of the commercials were cute and overall
I thought the iTunes commercial was a hoot, but in the end I'll remember the
song and the jab at the RIAA and forget it was advertising Pepsi. To my
mind, when I remember the commercial and forget who sponsored it the
commercial failed. In that respect only two commercials I saw that night
were successful - one for Chevy (holy sh...) and one for Chrysler (who knew
a station wagon could look cool!)

david

"When will the public cease to insult the teacher's calling with
empty flattery? When will men who would never for a moment encourage
their own sons to enter the work of the public schools cease to tell
us that education is the greatest and noblest of all human callings?"
-William C. Bagley