[Ti] Priceless -shame on Apple

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Thu Feb 5 05:13:08 PST 2004

>I don't get it? Why are so many people and websites so po'd at Apple for
>this promotion? The UK website, The Register, blasted the promotion too.
>
>Personally, I think it's a great promotion. Am I in the minority?

I think it has something to do with the restrictions on advertising
in the UK.  From the comments sent to the register, the majority
think that the kids were somehow "harmed" by all the "negative"
attention that they are getting.  They see this big bad company
exploiting children and even touting their guilt in front of millions
of people.  Do they not think that these kids were compensated for
being in the ad? Plus they think we are all slaves to advertising and
that we'll all go out and buy tons of Pepsi and rot all our teeth
away without thinking.

What they are missing is that we have brains in our heads.  We don't
go out and buy products solely because we saw an ad on TV.  If we
absolutely have to buy an iTune, we'll go directly to iTunes and buy
it that way, not by going to the store and buying 3 Pepsi products.

Maybe they are just pissed that they can't buy iTunes this way, but
they can't buy them via the Pepsi promotion either, so what's the
point?

Peter
--
A little computer haiku:
I can't remember

This message sent with Eudora 6.0.2 on Mac OS X 10.3.2