[Ti] 1st Gen. 17" v. SACD CD layer

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Tue Feb 10 09:35:25 PST 2004

>Back in November, I posted a message about my problems with my 1st
>gen. 17" PB not being able to play the CD layer of the SACD's that I
>had been buying. ... If older and newer Macs can play this CD
>material, why won't mine?

Dave,

Can you hook up an external CD burner and see if it plays from that
device?  If it can, then it is a hardware limitation of the internal
drive.  Maybe this is a firmware issue?  You didn't by chance flash
the firmware so that you could burn DVD's at 2X?

If it doesn't play on the external, maybe hook the external up to a
computer that does play it from the internal drive.  If it plays in
the external on the other computer, maybe you have a software issue.

I'm curious about this one since I have a Rev.A Lunchtray (Deluxe) myself.

Peter

--
A little computer haiku:
I can't remember

This message sent with Eudora 6.0.2 on Mac OS X 10.3.2