[Ti] wireless routers/hubs?

Glenn L. Austin glenn at austin-home.com
Tue Feb 10 13:59:52 PST 2004

on 2/9/04 11:18 AM, Snoke Jay S NPRI at SnokeJS at Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil wrote:

> What are the best recommendations this list can provide regarding the
> available wireless hubs/routers out there for home use?  I have used an  Apple
> Base Station before, but at a minimum of $200 US, it is a bit pricey... I'm
> looking for ease of setup, being able to shut out others in my apartment
> complex from using my wireless, etc...
> thanks in advance...

I don't know if anyone else has given you advice, but I've used both the
Linksys wireless gateway/router/4-port hub (802.11b) and the D-Link wireless
gateway/router/4-port hub (802.11g).

Both do a pretty decent job, but D-Link mentions Macs in their
documentation, while Linksys does not.  In fact, I've heard that Linksys has
gotten downright hostile recently towards anything non-Windows.

--
Glenn L. Austin <><
Computer Wizard and Race Car Driver