[Ti] 1st Gen. 17" v. SACD CD layer

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Wed Feb 11 04:03:06 PST 2004

>Wesley wrote:
>>
>>Just as another data point, I've got a UJ-815 Firmware D0CB in my Rev.A
>>12" Al. It played the CD portion of the Norah Jones SACD Hybrid just
>>fine.
>
>FWIW, the firmware in my '815 is DWDB. I've been curious if the
>firmware updaters out there on the web
><http://superdrive.cynikal.net> would solve the SACD issue or not.
>I'm not about to screw up my warranty by doing this. After all,
>who'd want to screw up the lovely relationship I have with Tech
>Support now!? <BG>

Well, I did do the cynikal.net firmware upgrade for my Rev. A
Lunchtray's Superdrive so it would burn DVD-R at 2X (which it does)
and burn DVD-RW (which I haven't tried).  While I haven't noticed any
issues, I don't have any SACDs to try it out.  If you're ever in
Atlanta, you can stop by and give it a try. Otherwise, if you do try
the firmware and it hoses your machine, you can at least put the old
firmware back on then send it in for service...  8^D

Peter
--
A little computer haiku:
I can't remember

This message sent with Eudora 6.0.2 on Mac OS X 10.3.2