[Ti] Ram Limit

Chris Long clong at mac.com
Wed Feb 11 07:38:59 PST 2004

On Feb 10, 2004, at 6:44 PM, Chris Olson wrote:

>> I actually put 512 MB in a Wallstreet PowerBook that supposedly had a
>> limit of 192 MB because at the time no one made 256 MB SDRAM chips.
>
> Interesting.  My daughter has a Wallstreet G3/266 with 192MB in it
> running Jaguar.  Did yours recognize the whole 512 MB?

Yes.  I was originally in contact with a company (Wegener Media) about
buying an internal modem for it, and they had 512 MB RAM kits.  I
pointed out the spec to the owner, whom I happened to be speaking to
when I called.  He explained the situation to me.  I had previously
assumed that the chipset or some other component would not allow such a
thing.  I had ran into this on Dell systems where only a certain amount
was recognized.  I indeed had 512 in the WallStreet though.  It was a
12" screen, 266 MHz model, and I also swapped out a 14" screen for the
12", even though it only ran at thousands of colors it made more OS X
usable.  That was an exciting day!

Chris