[Ti] wireless routers/hubs?

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Wed Feb 11 14:28:08 PST 2004

Take a look at Buffalo wireless products.  I picked up a
couple of their WBR-G54 for $50 each after rebates on Jan 1,
just to check them out, and have been quite satisfied.
I wanted to try them becaue their older models were getting
good comments on mailing lists.

http://www.buffalotech.com/wireless/products/airstation/WBRG54.html

They come with a Mac setup guide.  The only problem I had was
establishing a 1st time WPA 802.11g WLAN association (15" alBook
G4 10.3.1).  I had to enter the AES shared key in hex and from
the AirPort drop down menu, not use Internet Connect for login.
After the 1st login, it could reassociate without trouble, using
the text version of the key, getting DCHP from the bs and also
with the PBG4 having a manual IP on the WLAN subnet.

Buffalo has a pretty complete line of associated 802.11g stuff,
like bridges, etc., tho I haven't tried any.