Crashing MS word

T Molnar tam at em.ca
Wed Feb 11 21:37:49 PST 2004

Hi all,
I recently installed microsoft word (office) in to my tibook running
the latest updates of panther.
Things worked fine for about a week.
Now every once in a while I am getting the "spinning disc" that never
terminates.
I have let the disk spin for up to 20 minutes thinking it might just
actually finish whatever it was doing.

Usually I have just done something like use the delete key.

I have used cocktail to fix permissions but that doesn't seem to have
any effect.

I thought perhaps I could trash the pref's for the application (where
are those?)
and zapp the proverbial pram, however I am not sure these will do much
of anything.

I thought perhaps unistalling word and reinstalling might help, but not
sure on that either

comments?
any help is appreciated.

cheers,