Thanks on Classic OS

Da Pen macstonelson at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 16 06:39:03 PST 2004

Thanks for the speedy replies - guess there is no
question what to do with the OS update.  BTW, we are
going to buy a G5 sometime in near future and will
start acquiring apps for that machine - need the Ti
compatible.  This is a good time to start learning
panther.

One other problem.  Last year she had to have the
bottom case replaced due to a crack near the outside
left edge of the "left" (left if looking at the opened
screen) screen hinge.  The exact, and I'm not kidding
it is exactly the same, crack appeared not so long
ago.  She is not difficult on the equipment at all -
it is odd cause it just showed up.  We couldn't tie it
to a moment during opening the screen or any other
traumatic event.  So, I'm wondering if there is a
problem with the hinge placing undue stress and maybe
we need a new hinge as well.  Anyone have similar
problem?  Your thoughts on this matter appreciated?
I've done repairs and teardowns on my Duo2300c, is
this do-able by me, or should I have someone else do
it.  If someone else, are there suggestions about
where to get this done reasonably (Though we didn't
pay for it, it cost a bundle last year, I'll have to
pay this year)?

Thanks again. Dave