[Ti] PCMCIA card for Ti - any success stories out there?

Henry Kalir kalirhe at umdnj.edu
Wed Feb 18 09:45:04 PST 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Malcolm Hamilton wrote:

> Hi again -
> I mentioned a few months ago that I got a SanDisk PCMCIA CompactFlash
> PC card adapter (so I can download photos when on the road, without
> having to carry around a USB card reader), and it was causing not
> just crashes, but kernel panic crashes.
> Some of you kindly responded, suggesting that maybe I needed to get a
> newer driver from SanDisk, or maybe upgrade to 10.2.8.
> Here's what SanDisk had to say:  "Unfortunately, there are no known
> issues. All the drivers are provided by the operating system".
> So I upgraded to 10.2.8, but when I tried to use the PCMCIA card, the
> same thing happened that happened before:  the little icon for the
> card didn't appear on my desktop, but appeared in my menu at the top
> (this seems odd, doesn't it?); I clicked on the icon... and the
> computer crashed.
>
> Shall I try another type of PCMCIA card adapter?  Upgrade to Panther?
>
> Are some of you successfully using PCMCIA cards for the purpose I've
> described?  If so, what kind of cards, and what operating system are
> you running.  Are you following any special instructions for using
> the card?
> (My computer is a 400MHz Ti, by the way; 768MB of RAM).
> Thanks for any help or advice!
> Malcolm

Hi Malcolm,

I'm using a Dazzle 4 in 1 Adapter for the same purpose you've outlined
above. Works great! Just one caveat, which one of the listmemebers brought
up (so VERY sorry - don't have his name in my head just now) - to eject
the card's image from the desktop before actually taking it out.

Best,

Henry

Ti 1 GHz, 1GB Ram OS 10.2.8