[Ti] PCMCIA card for Ti - USB 2.0 cards

arjan.bos at icu.nl arjan.bos at icu.nl
Thu Feb 19 10:33:27 PST 2004

On 18 feb 2004, at 19:32, John Griffin wrote:

> This issue raises a concern in my mind.
>
> I am considering buying a USB 2.0 PC Card adaptor, but with this
> instability
> of the PC Card slot, would such a card work properly?
>
> Is anyone using a USB 2.0 card in their Powerbooks? How well do they
> work?

John,

I'm using a USB 2.0 card without any problems. You need at least 10.2.8
to get the USB 2.0 speed. 10.3 works great. Never had any hiccups, even
when I removed the card before turning it's power off. 10.2.7 gave me a
lot of kernel related problems when I tried things like that.

The brand I'm using is dynalink, which I believe to be a Dutch brand. I
can't imagine that they create the hardware themselves. One thing I
like about it is that the USB-plug plugs straight into the card, no
flimsy connectors attached.

Hope yours will work as fine as mine,

Arjan

-- Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a sick mind -- (Terry
Pratchett)