[Ti] V60i

Kynan Shook kshook at cae.wisc.edu
Mon Feb 23 21:02:03 PST 2004

Get the Motorola USB cable.  Most cell phone companies will have one
for around $60 or $80, including their "special" software...  I got
mine brand new for $20 with no software.  URL for the place I got it
follows this message.  I also downloaded a modem driver provided by
Verizon (that's link number two below) so I can use it to connect to
the internet.  I use their "Mobile Office" service, which uses voice
minutes; since I have unlimited nights and weekends, that means that
during those times, I can get online with my cell phone as often as I
like, for as long as I like, and download as much as I like (albeit at
14.4k).  Let me tell you, that was a VERY nice thing when driving back
to Wisconsin from Pennsylvania (around 14 hours) a few weekends ago.
If you prefer, you can also connect to some other dialup provider, but
it takes a good 30-60 seconds to connect to a normal modem, instead of
5-10 to connect to their built-in service.  The last link below is my
original source of information; it's rather outdated, as it was written
inbetween 10.1 and 10.2;
http://store.yahoo.com/cellpoint/motskn6311au.html
http://www.verizonwireless.com/internet_data/mobile_office/drivers/
Verizon_Wireless_STD_Driver.hqx