[Ti] Power Adapter

Roger Snyder rogersnyder at pobox.com
Tue Feb 24 08:49:01 PST 2004

On 2/23/04 19:29, "Benn" wrote:

> On Feb 23, 2004, at 3:16 PM, Roger Snyder wrote:
>>     Anyone ever take apart one of the white power adapters?
>>
>>     Is it glued? Potted?
>>
>>     I have a cable break 1/4 from the adapter. I've fixed the plug in
>> the
>> past, but I have so little cord to work with here.
>
> I don't if this is relevant, but there has been a problem with the
> white adapters where the cord that attaches to your computer leaves the
> adapter.  You may call apple, as they have been replacing them.

    Thanks. I had the first adapter replaced for the connection at the
computer (under Apple Care), the replacement I fixed the same place myself,
and now I have the problem you mention.

    I fixed the replacement because I no longer have Apple Care (money got
tight) so I don't know they will fix this one without it, but I'll look into
it.

    Thanks.

    I did remember that I still have the block of the first one, (they
didn't want it back - I guess since without the wall plug adapter it isn't
useful) but I'll have to fix the computer end plug on this one (which is
easier than fixing the other end of it).

    I wonder if I can fine a compatible plug? I suppose I can take if off
the one I repaired.

    These are defiantly week links.

--
Roger