[Ti] Cinema Display power button mauled by Panther

Simon Chapman sc at pr100.com
Sun Jan 4 18:52:38 PST 2004

I will agree that Panther is more stable than 10.2 but it still needs to be
rebooted more often than my trusty old, dusty old 7500 running 9.1 which is
actually my main work machine, the TiBook/Cinema Display being more of a
dedicated video editing station. System and disk maintenance on the 7500
take up 60secs per day and need no reboots. Similar routines on the TiBook
take up 30mins per day and often require a reboot. I must be a Luddite. But
the short answer is that yes, I can get by using menu commands rather than
the power button - but I shouldn't have to.

Simon

At 8:06 pm -0600 4/1/04, Kynan Shook wrote:
>Out of curiosity, what do you need the power button for anyway?
>There's almost no point to shutting down your computer any more
>(especially with OS X), and to wake it from sleep, just hitting a key
>will do nicely.
(snip)