Scratches, chips, worn-spots, etc.

JFL jfl1970 at mac.com
Sat Jan 10 23:10:21 PST 2004

Hello all.

I am the proud original owner of one of the first 400 MHz Ti-PowerBook G4.

I have all the superficial problems with the PowerBook that everyone else
has had: scratched and chipped paint, worn spots, and detached rubber feet.
Even though I've sinced moved on with that 17" PowerBook G4, I still love my
"old" one -- even though it looks like it's been through some hell.

My query to the group is what have you done about those paint issues?  Any
successful stories with TiPaint?  Any successful stories with any kind of
paint?  My big area is at the hinge where the silver paint is chipping off
like mad.

Anyone just gave up and had their case replaced entirely (out of warranty)?
How much did that cost, and are newer made shells better?

Thanks in advance,

- Jeff