[Ti] Making the Enter key a Command key

Bob Bergey rb at dprint.com
Tue Jan 13 07:22:43 PST 2004

At 10:00 AM -0500 on 1-13-04, Peter Krug wrote:

>If you use a trackpad exclusively (i.e., no mouse), you will very
>likely enjoy uControl's trackpad scrolling feature.  I can't live
>without it.  Hold down the fn key and slide your finger up/down on
>the pad to scroll up/down.  I don't know how I ever lived without it.

Aaaah, if only I were right-handed. Or, if only there were a function
key on the right side of the keyboard. The one downside of using a
laptop is that most keyboards were designed for right-handed people,
which is why I missed the Command key on the right side so badly (I
miss having a Control key on the right side, too, but I'm not willing
to give up the Option key there). As it is, I use a trackball with my
laptop when I'm at home (Kensington Expert Mouse Pro), or a cordless
mouse when I'm on the road and working at a desk (Logitech Cordless
Optical Mouse). When the laptop is on my motorcoach's steering wheel,
I use the trackpad (not driving, of course!), but it doesn't get all
that much use. I may take another look at uControl anyway, just in
case.

Bob