Powerbook problems

Gonzalo Hernández Araujo gonzalo at chez.com
Tue Jan 13 07:59:24 PST 2004

Just wanted to know if someone on the list has experienced similar
problems and if so how he/she solved them. I still don't know what
could be causing all my problems. I have a Ti 1Ghz DVI model with
10.3.2, it has already been sent to service but they said that it was
software related and they did nothing, the problems are:

-Wake/Sleep problems, display stays black but you hear the fan and the
HD working.
-Horizontal lines appear on the display occasionally, sometimes they
disappear, other times they just freeze the screen. They appear when
the powerbook is moved and/or an external device is plugged (iPod).
- On powerbook start up, the screen stays black sometimes. I may have
to restart it 2  times to get the screen to light up.
-Recently I had this message in the upper-left corner

Entering system dump routine.
A panic server was not specified in the boot-args, terminating kernel
core dump.
ethernet MAC address: 00:00:00:00:00:00
ip address: 0.0.0.0

Waiting for remote debugger connection.

---

Before sending the powerbook to service, I reinstalled the original
system, the problems reappeared. Also I have booted with OS 9 and I
didn't have any wake/sleep  or display problems. I have removed items
from "startup items". I have ran the hardware test disc, nothing
appeared.

I have not found anything and the problems persist. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gonzalo