File Permissions, etc

cbirds cbirds at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 13 08:55:07 PST 2004

Hello all,
I am having a real dilemma with a person with whom I must share files.
He is using OS 10.2.8 and has never run permissions and doesn't keep
the computer on for the most part, at night.

Even when I send a .cwk file he is unable to, by using any of the three
or four methods I describe, choose an application with which to open
the file.

It would seem to me that getting a .cwk file from the very same kind of
computer would be a no-brainer for the Mac and that the association
would be made.

We also tried to find Disk Utility in the Utilities folder so he could
run permissions but that was no where to be found. (He has not moved
anything he says)

In addition, doing a search Everywhere for files whose names contain
Disk in them, produced not one file! (On my machine produced 209 files)

What on earth could be wrong? What am I overlooking?
Thanks for any insights.
-J