[Ti] File Permissions, etc

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Tue Jan 13 13:26:15 PST 2004

>*I* could but I am not there physically to do it and not sure I want
>him to do it as a rank newbie. One false move and you know the rest
>of the story........

If he is not behind a firewall... you may do an ssh session from
terminal into his computer; from your terminal:

ssh -l <someuserwithadmin> his.ip.add.ress
you will be prompted for users password if the connection is
successful.  Then you can run those commands on his computer.

>>keep repeating that until it doesn't repair anything.  Then restart
>>the computer.  It fixes many things.  If his Disk Utility app has
>>"disappeared" there may be other things amiss that repairing
>>permissions won't help at all.
>

>I think he is the only account/user.
>How about updating to 10.2.8 again? I think he got the first one
>that was pulled......

yes, that would be a good idea before you try any fancy remote stuff.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com