[Ti] How do I get Euros from the keyboard?

Robert Nicholson robert at elastica.com
Wed Jan 14 21:23:38 PST 2004

Here is some relevant information about this topic

Specie and species make a fascinating case. Both words come from a
Latin word meaning "kind", but they do not form a singular-plural pair;
they are separate non-countable nouns. Coins, such as nickel s, euro s,
and cents are specie, but there is no plural. The idea is "payment in
kind". And species, the "kinds of living things", is the same in
singular and plural.
    Some names of elements, such as nickel, have plurals in
non-chemical uses, as "five nickels to the quarter".
    Some non-countable substance nouns like "tea" or "wood" have
plurals that mean "varieties of..." tea, wood, etc.