[Ti] 1GHz TiBook or 1.25GHz AlBook?

David david.powerbook at firemail.de
Thu Jan 15 17:02:49 PST 2004

On 1/15/04 5:23 PM, "Carter Crain" <fcc at ndlpt.com> wrote:

> On 1/15/04 4:16 PM, "Sam Hotchkiss" <ti at zlit.net> wrote:
>
>> I have a 15" 1ghz Ti right now,
>> and I would not trade it for an AlBook for one main reason: battery life.
>> Apparently the Als are only able to get 80-90 minutes as opposed to my Ti
>> which routinely gets 200 minutes.
>
> That used to be my problem with a 12"Al. I downloaded some type of upgrade a
> month or two ago and now get about the same time as Sam.

Going online with my airport and with backlighting over half, my 15" 1.25Ghz
PowerBook gets 120-150 minutes easy. Turning off the airport card (because
I'm not going online but writing and working on presentations for classes) I
get over 3 hours. The new PowerBooks don't get 4-5 hours like the iBooks did
but they aren't as bad as you suggest!

david

"When will the public cease to insult the teacher's calling with
empty flattery? When will men who would never for a moment encourage
their own sons to enter the work of the public schools cease to tell
us that education is the greatest and noblest of all human callings?"
-William C. Bagley