[Ti] Problem with Combo Drive

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Sun Jan 18 05:36:30 PST 2004

2004-01-18 kl. 00.59 skrev Burt Blackburn:

> Had a little trouble with the drive ejecting discs, and now when I
> attempt to insert a disc, it just slides in without resistance, and
> there is no "catch" of the disc.
------
You may have been "wiggling" the Tibook a bit when trying to get the CD
out.

Without any CD:s in the drive try a gentle squeeze at approximately the
centre of the drive. Sort of with your pointing finger at the bottom of
the Tibook and the thumb on the top. If the mechnism has wiggled apart
you would here a clicking (or connecting sound) and if so you can try
warranty, this way so it isn't as crazy as it may sound :-))

To help the loading always enter the CD slightly from the centre of the
Tibook. If this treatment is successful you should have a look at the
screw under the keyboard as well as the once at the bottom of the
Ti-book. By tightning them up you will avoid the "wiggling" that caused
the mechanism to come apart. Also from now on don't move or lift the
Ti-book only in the right hand corner (the combo drive area) but use
both hands instead.

Please let us know if that helped or maybe somebody else could come up
with some other suggestions.

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/> updat 030828
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)