[Ti] Problem with Combo Drive

Burt Blackburn bburn at mac.com
Mon Jan 19 02:19:06 PST 2004

Thanks for the suggestion, Lisbeth. I am assuming that you meant to do
the "squeeze" on the Ti case, and not on the CD drive itself with the
bottom taken off of the Ti? If so, I have tried what you suggested with
no success. I have also lifted the CD drive out of the case and looked
around to see if I could see anything that might be causing the
mechanisn to jam, but didn't see anything. Not that I would know what I
was looking at anyway...I am not a repair tech! So for now, when I try
to insert a CD, it's the same result...it just slides in with no
resistance as if it's an empty slot. Also, on start-up and shutdown,
there is still no mechanical click coming from the drive, as there was
when it was working.

By the way, I noticed that the CD drive was sort of wedged into the
case with little rubber 'dingies' on all four corners, no screws or
anything to hold it firmly. PowerbookResQ did it, so I guess that's
correct.

Thanks again and of course I am grateful for any and all ideas on how
to fix this thing!

Burt Blackburn
Bangkok