[Ti] Titanium PB Trade-In Question

Bill Fox wfoxjr at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 19 06:32:09 PST 2004

On Jan 18, 2004, at 9:35 PM, F. Hill wrote:

> Has anyone taken advantage of the [$700] trade-in offer with a success
> story to tell?

Not me but 500's are going on eBay for $800-1100.

>   Does anyone who owns a 17" Powerbook have any negative feedback or
> postive feedback?

Positive. I used 2 15" Tibooks, a 500 and 800, before getting a 1 GHz
17" 6 months ago. I've had no problems with it. At first, I thought it
was just a bit unwieldy but that passed after a couple of weeks. I had
the same brief impression when I moved from a 14" Pismo to my first 15"
TiBook.

Is the 17" screen and a nick of speed worth $400 over the 15" model? I
think so but YMMV.