[Ti] Problem with Combo Drive

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Mon Jan 19 12:51:35 PST 2004

2004-01-19 kl. 11.19 skrev Burt Blackburn:

> For now, when I try to insert a CD, it's the same result...it just
> slides in with no resistance as if it's an empty slot.
-----------
How do you get the CD out of the drive then. Do you shake it out by
having the opening downward? Or is the mechanism causing the ejection
still working? I mean can you use a paperclip with an outstretched
"leg" in order to release the spring in the right hand side of the CD
opening.

That release "button" should cause a little spinning or ejection sound
even if you don't have a CD in the drive. Should be resonable riskfree
to test since that could be something mechanically caught in connection
with that function.

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/> updat 030828
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)