[Ti] Titanium PB Trade-In Question

Kynan Shook kynan at cs.wisc.edu
Tue Jan 20 07:15:53 PST 2004

Yes, there is evidence.  If you want to get a new screen on a Ti or
GigE Ti, it's $1000, minimum.  Normally it would be under $400,
assuming you didn't drop it or something.  See the note at
<http://www.info.apple.com/support/applecare_products/service/
powerbook_service.html> for the owners of these models.  Also, the
screen price has skyrocketed for those few service providers like the
one I work at that can order parts for the portables (if it's available
at all; I think all screen repairs currently have to be sent to Apple),
rather than mailing them in to Apple for repair.