[Ti] Applecare Praise

Chris Reinhart creinhart at creativebubble.com
Wed Jan 21 15:58:27 PST 2004

I feel the need to share my latest applecare experience.

Last Friday my powerbook G4's (DVI 800) display started to freak out.
Looked like some kind of bad video effect, horizontal lines and such.
It eventually turned to pure white.  I called applecare and explained
my problem.  Told them that I hooked the book up to an external monitor
and the machine functions perfectly.  The woman told me she would send
out a dispatch right away.  I told her that the screen also had one
white spot and the case pushes in right above the the combo drive.  The
empty boxed arrived on Monday morning.  Apple does not pay for Saturday
shipping via Airborne Express.  Shipped the powerbook off to apple
Monday night.

Cut to:

Wednesday morning, my IT guy comes into my edit room with a box from
apple.  New screen and new upper case.  and to top it off they replace
the two rubber "feet" that were missing from the bottom.  Quite
impressive since I failed to mention that to the women who took my
call. Bravo!

Conclusion:
Always buy applecare with any portable.  Well worth it's price and they
do have an impressive turnaround.

----------------------------------

Chris Reinhart
Video Editor