[Ti] Anybody ever used Tech Tools Pro 4?

Fred fred at mindstate.com
Sun Jan 25 08:50:46 PST 2004

On 25.1.2004 2:35, "Robert Nicholson" <robert at elastica.com> wrote:

> The drive is under warranty but does anybody know if IBM honors it
> world wide?

I have had drives fail in the past, in Europe, Eastern Europe, Africa, South
America, etc...one time I had the data recovered from a drive in Paris at
Drive Savers, sent back to my flat in Geneva, then sent the drive to IBM for
warranty replacement in the US and had it shipped to my flat in Nashville
which I would pick up later at some point when passing through there.  The
drives that failed were ones used in the field with my job, so backing up
10-20,000 high end digital images is impossible till one gets back from the
field where I back up immediately on larger desktop drives and CD and DVD
media.  You can only carry so many portable drives, heck even a laptop, in
and out of Chechnya or Somalia, etc.  But I have had zero problems with
replacement drives except from MCE...the drives they sell separately are not
OEM drives...you have to send the failed drive to them (MCE) and they will
replace it.

Ciao
FRED