FireWire 800

giorgio gomelsky gio1 at rcn.com
Sun Jan 25 23:02:33 PST 2004

TiBook 500mhz/512ram/FCP Video editing, 2 question:

1. If I attach a 800FW card, will I then have access to 800 bus
   to run 800 compatible drives or will the speed remain at 400
   if other drives in the system are still 400, meaning, the bus
   will perform at the lower speed?

2. If I only connect 800 devices to the card-port -- but leave
   400 ones on the original FW port -- will the speed still be
   affected, meaning if I wish to use 800 speed, there just cannot
   be any 400 devices, never mind at which port they are connected?