[Ti] X 1.3 upgrade from marketing?

Glenn L. Austin glenn at austin-home.com
Sun Jan 25 23:29:37 PST 2004

Well, I've even seen expensive memory fail due to static damage.

Also, even the best parts have a range that they work in.  For example, 5
volt parts actually work in a range of about 4.5 to 5.5 volts.  If you have
a part that actually wants 5.4 V but only receives 5.39 V, it may *appear*
to work correctly most of the time, but if the voltage drops to 5.35 V
because of other draws on the system, the part will then appear to have
failed.  This is even though the part is "within spec."

--
Glenn L. Austin <><
Computer Wizard and Race Car Driver