[Ti] Recovery options - sorry bad link

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Mon Jan 26 11:31:26 PST 2004

>Any recommendations on firmware locks for the future? I remember previous
>powerbooks had a lock built into the Forth firmware is this still available?

p.s. You can also set an open firmware password while in open
firmware if you run OS 9 only.  Info here:
http://www.macosxlabs.org/documentation/ofpw_tool/intro.html

That's not the best link - try this one:
http://www.securiteam.com/securityreviews/5NP0P1P4AG.html
The setenv security-mode full command makes your computer boot into
OF every time and requires the OF password to continue the boot
process.

Sorry about your loss - good luck finding your machine!

Peter
--
A little computer haiku:
I can't remember

This message sent with Eudora 6.0.2 on Mac OS X 10.3.2