[Ti] CD writing software that's smart?

Tom Warner tom at dfind.com
Mon Jan 26 14:54:25 PST 2004

On 26 Jan 2004, at 8:50 am, Robert Nicholson wrote:

> Backup doesn't run unless it can find a .mac account.
>
> That is why it's outrageous Apple tied this product to their .mac
> product.

This seems to be a rather strange position to take.

'Backup' the product, is part of the .mac package. It is not available
(like all the other parts of a .Mac account) to people like me who
don't want it.

You could say the same thing (just as inappropriately) about any or all
of the .Mac features.

> It's equivalent to only being able to iSync to your cell phone if you
> have a .mac account. (which thankfully isn't the case)

It is only equivalent to other products included with a .Mac
subscription.

I don't understand your position at all.

There are other methods of backup you know.

 From Mac Help:

There are many applications and utilities you can use to back up the
information on your computer. Three methods are available in Mac OS X:

	▪ 	Backup (a full-featured backup application for .Mac members)
	▪ 	Disk Utility (located in Applications/Utilities)
	▪ 	Finder (Burn Disc and Create Archive commands

Puzzled am I
Tom
--
My ol' grandaddy taught me to always;