[Ti] CD writing software that's smart?

Robert Nicholson robert at elastica.com
Mon Jan 26 15:07:46 PST 2004

Please tell me what is Apple's motivation for tying Backup to .mac.

If I'm to Backup to CD why should I need a .mac account to do that?

Again, the program doesn't run unless it can find a .mac account. What
happens
when I stop my .mac subscription? This is effectively a software lease
limiting
the life of the product.

If I buy a backup solution today from another vendor I can be sure that
it will run next year and the year after without any further
"subscription"

What happens if I backup using Backup with a valid .mac subscription
and I choose to cancel the subscription and then want to do a restore
at a later date?