[Ti] CD writing software that's smart?

Paul Russell prussell at sonic.net
Mon Jan 26 15:42:11 PST 2004

On Jan 26, 2004, at 1:51 PM, Robert Nicholson wrote:

> Well Backup has cached knowledge that you have a valid .mac account.
>
> Somewhere in /Library/Preferences it knows you've got a .mac account.
>
> If I launch Backup I see
>
> a panel that says "Backup requires a .mac membership
>
> options are "Quit" "Join Now" "Open .Mac Prefs"

Are you saying that you have never had a .Mac account then ? In that
case, how did you get the Backup software in the first place ? It seems
to me that anyone could get a  trial .Mac account, get the Backup
software, and then use it ad infinitum regardless of whether they went
on to subscribe to .Mac or not.

Paul