[Ti] CD writing software that's smart?

David david.powerbook at firemail.de
Mon Jan 26 02:20:47 PST 2004

On 1/26/04 3:50 AM, "Robert Nicholson" <robert at elastica.com> wrote:

> Backup doesn't run unless it can find a .mac account.
>
> That is why it's outrageous Apple tied this product to their .mac
> product.
>
> It's equivalent to only being able to iSync to your cell phone if you
> have a .mac account. (which thankfully isn't the case)

I suppose it is equally outrageous that Apple offered iPhoto prints and
other software only to .Mac subscribers. And how can Apple get away with
providing Panther only to those who paid for it? Why I understand Apple even
charges people to download music. How do they get away with that behavior?
Call a lawyer. Let's get a class action suit. Apple should give everything
away to we loyal Apple customers.

Apple provides a service called .mac and it offers .mac users benefits.
Backup is one of them. There are plenty of other backup options - most of
them superior to Backup.

david

"When will the public cease to insult the teacher's calling with
empty flattery? When will men who would never for a moment encourage
their own sons to enter the work of the public schools cease to tell
us that education is the greatest and noblest of all human callings?"
-William C. Bagley