reformatting question

T Molnar tam at em.ca
Tue Jan 27 11:33:36 PST 2004

Hi List,
I have been having some problems with app's crashing (recently mail.app
after I did the recent security update) and after doing things like
using Cocktail and pram stuff etc I am still having problems.
I think I want to reformat the drive and re install panther.
I just need some general direction to get me started.

1. Is it better to reinstall all 3rd party app software separately or
can I clone this tibook drive (i have cross over internet cable) on my
Emac and drag applications  back over from my Emac once I have a new
system?

2.  Even if I install totally new 3rd party app's how do I go about
bringing things like my files in Imovie, iphoto, mail etc...back on to
my tibook from my Emac.  Can I drag particular folders back to the
tibook which will have all the source files for these things?

I am particularly worried about losing all my email address info, other
things I can burn to dvd I suppose and cd as needed.

3.  I have a lot of app's that are downloads with passwords, is it
possible to drag specific folders over that will keep the passwords
intact so I don't have to re input them all.  I have a lot.

Any guidance is much appreciated.

cheers,
tim

tim.molnar