Symantec discontinues Mac support [another rant - OT]

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Thu Jul 1 15:36:47 PDT 2004

While I am in the ranting phase (is it a full moon?) I just read that
Symantec has yanked support for the Mac except for Anti-Virus software
(which must really tax their brains!).

Some of us can remember some really excellent utility software from
companies like 5th Generation and Delrina and the MacTools group that were
acquired by Symantec just as they were at their peek. What did they do with
this really great technology? They killed it to give them a virtual monopoly
in the Mac Utilities field. Now they have pulled the plug and left
multitudes that rely on Norton to protect, maintain and optimize their
systems dangling in the breeze!

Really disgusting and indefensible business practice in my humble opinion.

jg